Friday 11 May 2018

Survey results

The response to this question showed that more females answered my survey than males. For my video this means that it is likely to appeal to Females rather than males. The question could have been more beneficial though as this doesn't really give me anything to include in my production other than appealing to females. A follow up question which would give me a more specific response would have been better - for future research I would try to make all my questions linked to how to reach my target audience as this would be more valid.
The question about age does give me a clear audience who my target audience would be. It is clear from the response that 18-24 year olds are my ideal audience so I know that I have to include visuals that would appeal to this age group. It does support my previous question though as it backs up that these are likely to be female viewers.
This question and its response makes it clear that narrative videos are more preferable - over 50% of those that responded like this type of music video. This therefore was a valid question to ask and has provided a valid basis for my production.

For future research:
  • I would include more questions
  • I would make them more specific to allow better results
  • I would include a follow up question to gain a more valid response
  • I could add more questions about genre and production values
  • I would send my survey to a wider number of participants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survey results

The response to this question showed that more females answered my survey than males. For my video this means that it is likely to appeal ...