Thursday 2 November 2017

New Wave Brief

Having researched new waves and specifically focusing and analysing The French New Wave and three of its most successful films it is clear the main aspect of New Waves is their rejection and rebell against typical hollywood film making, whether that be social issues or actual film techniques. i specifically focused on looking at the French New Wave and found that they revolutionised cinema by changing typical hollywood cinematic camera techniques. 

I plan to film in busy locations, Bristol City Centre and Train stations. All of my videos will be shot with natural lighting and hand held camera as i want my audience to be aware they are watching a film, i also want it to seem realistic so my audience feel as though they are part of the film, making it more realistic. The main action of my film will be shot in train stations and on trains to capture a journey which will be the main narrative of my film.

I plan to cut scenes rapidly to stick to French New Wave conventions and make the film void of any strict narrative. The use of fast cuts and hand held camera will make the film look rough which is also another convention of French New Wave. The sound within the film will be diegetic as all of  french new wave films are rough cut and include sound which was in the scene when being shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survey results

The response to this question showed that more females answered my survey than males. For my video this means that it is likely to appeal ...