Friday 23 March 2018

Promotional video evaluation

Evaluation

Overall I feel that each task for this unit was conducted well and achieved successfully as a result of careful planning and active engagement. I feel that initial research into my client’s brand and type of business was vital as it allowed me to develop some ideas in terms of what I wanted to create visually and conceptually. I looked into her work by visiting her official Facebook page and salon website; this helped by giving me some grounds to go by in terms of her aesthetic and visual style, so that I could incorporate it into my work.

Doing this allowed me to develop an idea of what type of color scheme and background music I wanted to use. I researched multiple promotional videos on YouTube, which gave me inspiration to work from. By doing this, I was able to find corresponding music to use within my promotional video, whilst avoiding the risk of using any copyright audio material.

By conducting research prior to starting the project, I was able to have a rough idea of how long I wanted the video to be and what I wanted it to look like. This made the editing process easier. I was able to cut the video into various short shots to include almost everything within the beauty salon to make sure I was promoting all the things the client wanted to be included within the video.

I made sure to get as involved as possible within my clients work. I attended the salon when there were clients in there having treatments so I could capture the craftsmanship as well as the glamour that surrounds and makes up the salon.

Ideally I would’ve liked to interview my client so I could introduce the owner into the video to make the video more personal. I would’ve like to have added more videos of different treatments as I feel like more shots of the work environment and the results from the treatments would’ve added authenticity to the overall product and added more balance between the hands on work and the products on show within the salon.


We chose to add a range of shot types within our video such as panning shots, Close-ups. I feel this made the video have arrange of video techniques and made the product more interesting to watch. We chose to film the interior and exterior of the salon to show the audience all the benefits of the salon and show off all its glamorous aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survey results

The response to this question showed that more females answered my survey than males. For my video this means that it is likely to appeal ...